Relationships are important to all of us. Humans thrive on relationships. Intimate partnerships are even more important because they are considered adult attachment relationships, where there’s a similar need for safety, security and connection, as there was when you were very young and relied on your parents / primary caregivers.
There are things you and your partner can both do to improve the quality of your relationship.
Here are 25 steps to a securely attached and amazing relationship:
- Communicate openly
- Give affection
- Prioritize each other
- Check in with each other
- Nurture yourself individually – as well as the relationship
- Identify / work on family of origin patterns or wounds impacting the relationship
- Take an interest in what interests the other
- Date nights
- Work through resentment
- Learn healthy conflict resolution skills
- Sexual intimacy
- Mutual support of each other’s dreams