If you are wishing you were in a relationship, the summertime can be a downer lamenting the fact you don’t have a romantic partner to enjoy it with. Rather than dwell on the negative of your situation I suggest you entertain a different perspective and positive reframe of being single.
As many great aspects there are to being coupled up, there are some benefits to not having to worry about a partner when it comes to things you’d like to do and time spent making YOU happy. If there’s ever a time to celebrate and enjoy the things you want to do, this is it. Seize the opportunity!
Here are 6 ways to get the most out of being single this summer:
- Plan a long trip with a friend or family member. If you can’t swing an extensive absence, book up a number of your weekends with fun getaways that fit your budget.
- Awaken your sense of curiousity by exploring your area in a way you never have. Go to shops, hiking trails, museums, parks or cafes you’ve never seen. If you live in a big city, pull out a map,close your eyes and drop your finger onto a neighborhood – and check it out!
- Take a few classes on a subject matter that interests you like painting, drawing, metal art, jewelry making, a foreign language or anything you’ve always wanted to do - but haven’t done yet.
- Go out and hit the town with a pack of your guy friends – or girl friends. Live it up, play, flirt or simply enjoy each other’s company with no agenda.
- Join meet-up groups in your area with with shared interests – or start your own group!
- Feel great by volunteering your time to a local non-profit organization. Studies have shown that giving can improve your self-esteem and enhance the immune system.
Being single means more time to assign to whatever you want. Now go have a great summer!